Powered By Blogger

Thursday 11 May 2017

My 2nd child birth story

My second child, Jamie was born 30th October 2012. He was 7lbs 11oz and completely different to his brother.
 On the 29th October, I had very sore, painful hips. It felt like my entire pubic area was about to fall apart and I could not get comfy! When I woke up on the morning of the 30th October, I cut my finger making Leo rice pudding for his breakfast. That was 6am, by 7am I realised I was having cramp like pains that were coming every 10 minutes. I phoned the kids dad and told him, then phoned the midwife around 9am.
 My waters hadnt gone by this point and the pains were quite bad so I called my partner home at around 10:30am. I was watching Cbeebies with Leo while watching out of the window, waiting to be picked up!
 As we had a child already, we needed him to be looked after while I was in labour. So we went off to drop Leo off at his grandparents house around 11am. They were obviously out of the house. So I had a panic that I would have to give birth alone. Thankfully though, they came home around 11:30 and we then set off to Tesco and Sainsburys. As you do when you are in labour and your waters hadnt gone yet! I waddled around the shops as I hadnt packed anything to wear in labour (I ended up with a nice nighty in the end!) I also got a creme egfg for energy as I hadnt eaten yet that day so needed abit of fuel!
 We got to the birthing unit at 12:30, and I got straight on gas and air. When I was seen at 1pm, labour was really ramping up.
 I got into the birthing pool, which helped immediately. Things got very intense, very quickly and after alot of pain, Jamie was born at 2:20pm. All went fine with no stitches (as usual with me)
Jamie was born in his sac, only broken as he came out by the midwife
 We were sent on our way home by 6pm, and once we had picked up Leo and shown Jamie to his grandparents, it was time to go home and get settled for the night.
  At 7pm we were home and Leo had his first cuddle with his new brother and we all settled down for  our first night with 2 children.

No comments:

Post a Comment