Powered By Blogger

Friday 10 February 2017

Teething Baby=Tired Mummy

Ahh Teething...
there isnt many things that stress me out as much as this does. My poor, poor Gemma is suffering. She is 8 months old on the 13th and she has yet to cut any teeth. However the amount of crying and biting she is doing is telling me she may do soon.
Currently she wakes at 1am and cries..and cries... until she has a massive blob of Bonjella coated along her gums which takes a minute or two to soothe her sore gums. Then she wakes up around 4am for another coating of teething gel and a bottle plus a nappy change. This is all done by a mummy looking like she is about to topple over and slip into a coma! Bare in mind I have a 6 yr old and a 4 yr old to keep alive also.
 The early days of falling asleep while feeding her in the early hours feel real again at this point. She isnt so good with her solid food either. The teething is making her only want hard finger foods, which she doesnt eat a huge amount of either so I think that is why she is suddenly wanting a bottle of milk at 4am.
 I cant wait to finally see a little white toothy in my babies mouth but I have a feeling its going to tak a while to come through. In the mean time, Il be giving her lots of finger food to try and help cut her teeth and slathering on the teething gel!

No comments:

Post a Comment