Powered By Blogger

Monday 3 April 2017

My 1st Child Birth Story


 I was 19 when I fell pregnant with Leo. Very young yes, I do sometimes wish Id waited until I had a good stable job and my own home but I wouldnt change him or my life for anything.
 My pregnancy went by fine, no issues or complications. I put on around 2.5st with him so an average amount.  I lived with my in laws at that time in a double bedroom crammed with 2 peoples things, soon to be 3! So it was stressful at times, not having my own home.
 Anyway, 25th of april at 9pm Gary went downstairs to take a phone call. At around 9:15pm I was sat in bed and felt a pop. Yes felt the pop of my waters. I sat further forwards and it gussed out, It was like a river, I couldnt believe how much water I had!
 So, I got up and grabbed some towels and made a make shift nappy until Gary got back. I sorted myself out and headed to the midwife centre. In hindsight I didnt need to go in, but being a young first time mum I did anyway. I was checked and yep it was my waters. So I was sent off home to wait for contractions to start. Around 11-12pm they kicked in. I was so uncomfortable that I kept phoning my midwife and at 1am I begged to come in. I got there at 3cm dilated and was admitted for some gas and air. Things were steady and kept going until around 3-4am when the labour really kicked in.I had a "land birth" so on the bed and was on my knees facing the headboard from then on. I remember looking at the clock around 3-4am then when I looked back up it was 6am and I needed to push. The gas and air makes me very woozy and drunk like!
 At 6:30am Leo was born. 7lbs 11oz of yellow chunk. He was a little jaundiced at first but after a few days he was a normal pink baby. He failed at breastfeeding as he wouldnt latch and rejected the breast so onto Cow and Gate it was. He was a good baby, was a little colicky but not as bad as some babies. He slept well and was a great first baby. I was 20 years old when he was born and it was lovely to have this little person to care for and be a mummy to. When he was 4 weeks old we moved into our own house. A housing association home which at this moment me and three kids have outgrown its 2 bedrooms and small open plan downstairs,
 He is now soon to turn 6 years old and I cant believe he used to be a tiny baby. I still see him as my first baby boy and I do have a soft spot for him because of it. I dont favour any of my children but the first is always special!

No comments:

Post a Comment